Essay topics: The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999.
The table illustrates the information about poverty rates among six types of households in Australia in 1999.
Overall, the survey was conducted by 1,837,000 of Australian people which represented 11% of total household in Australia. It is noticeable that, single person recorded for the higher poverty rates than couples, and people with children were more likely to be poor than those without. Poverty rates were considerably lower for elders regardless with being single or couple.
Just over a fifth of single parents were living in poverty, whereas only 12% of family with children lived under poverty. The same pattern can be seen for people with no children. Just under a fifth of single without children were living under the poverty line, while the figure for couples was much lower, at only 7%. The aged family showed much lower percentage of living in poverty where 6% for single and 4% for couples.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||Thien||61||Read full essay|
|9 months 1 week ago||aldyth||56.5||Read full essay|
|9 months 2 weeks ago||tvaishnavi||84||Read full essay|
|11 months 6 days ago||FlorinHF||84||Read full essay|
|11 months 1 week ago||FlorinHF||84||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||roxanaluca||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||nundc||80||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||supbro119||90||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||keerthisri||55||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||v.oktaria||60||Read full essay|
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (56)
- Shopping is dangerous because it makes people selfish and careless with money. Do you agree or disagree? (76.5)
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (78)
- As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (67)
- Some people think that technology has made our life too complex. However, other people think that it has made our life easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Air traffic is increasingly leading to more noise, pollution and airport construction. One reason for this is the growth in low-cost passenger flights, often to holiday destinations. Some people might say that governments should try to reduce air traffic (56)
- Nowadays, many people receive prescriptions of medication regularly. What are the causes of this trend? What consequences can this have for a person? (73)
- Some people claim that living in big cities is creating difficulties whereas others think it makes easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (56)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work for different organisations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (55.5)
- : A society develops the technology in communicating devices rapidly such as smart phones, tablets and other communicating devices. Some people claims that the disadvantages of such device outweigh the advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (71.5)