You are a student at an English language school in Brighton and are living in private accommodation with other flat mates You have not had hot water or heating for some time The landlord s workmen have tried to fix the problem but without success Write a

You are a student at an English language school in Brighton and are living in private accommodation with other flat mates. You have not had hot water or heating for some time. The landlord’s workmen have tried to fix the problem but without success.

Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter:
•state your reason for writing
•describe the problems and explain how you feel
•propose a solution and risk the landlord to take action

Dear Mr Jacobs,

As you already know about the heating problem at flat 6,Tayson house. Since past two weeks there is a problem with room heater and water heater and it is becoming extremely difficult to live with those problems your workmen came twice this week to fix the problem but without success.

As you know that I am a student at an English school and I had to get up early in the morning for my school, so it is very difficult for me to take a bath with cold water. The weather is changing and it is becoming colder day by day and will be impossible for me to stay in house without heater or hot water .I have my exams after three weeks and I have to study hard to get good grades but without heater it will be impossible for me to concentrate on my studies.

As a temporary solution , I would like you to provide me with portable room and water heater. In the meantime I would request you to consult experts or to contact supplier company and ask for their service as I want you to fix these issues as soon as possible.

I hope you will understand my situation and take appropriate steps required.

Thanking you,
Jatin.

Better to use past tense:
'Since past two weeks there is a problem with room heater and water heater and it is becoming extremely difficult to live with those problems your workmen came twice this week to fix the problem but without success.'