Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

One of the most popular entertainment tools in our world today is the television. Presently, a proportion of people believe that, television is decreasing the social relationships in the society. While, other people disagree with the above statement. Here, I would like to account for both the views with my own perception.

Multifarious points shore up the former opinion. First and foremost, many people today spend a lot of time watching TV. As a result of that they spend less time in other activities such as talking, socializing with other people and so on. What is more, in the past families are gathering around dinner table talking and discussing different subjects. Nowadays, we notice that this habit is becoming very rare due to the effect of television on the families. Lastly, the most serious effect of TV is that on children. To be specific, children are luring by TV programs and spending hours watching TV and playing video games. Thus, that might lead to dangerous health problems, like visual impairment, problems of inactivity such as obesity and overweight.

On the other hand, there are several reasons why some people contradict with the above view. Firstly, they consider TV as a lucrative tool for pleasure and entertainment. As many people are working round the clock in order to earn bread and butter for their families, they need to relax at the end of the day. So the TV is the best source for them to relax and enjoy after long hours of work. Moreover, some of the TV programs could be a good subjects for discussion. therefore, these programs and TV shows are probably enhancing the social interactions and conversations within the society. Furthermore, in many occasions, TV reports and programs are highlight the hidden issues and taboos in the society. thence, increasing the people awareness toward these issues, and ultimately, finding solutions for these problems.

In conclusion, Television is considered as a boon and bane. However, the two views has their own significance. We can neither support nor go against either of sides, but, still, I believe that the TV is a good entertainment tool and the efficient, controlled use could reduce its negative effects on society.

TV reports and programs are highlight the hidden issues and taboos in the society.
TV reports and programs are highlighting the hidden issues and taboos in the society.

the two views has their own significance.
the two views have their own significance.

Sentence: Furthermore, in many occasions, TV reports and programs are highlight the hidden issues and taboos in the society. thence, increasing the people awareness toward these issues, and ultimately, finding solutions for these problems.
Suggestion: Refer to people and awareness