The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout the life.

No matter what we choose today, career or education, nothing is as simple as it once was. Today options are preferred. People like to hold onto more than one choice not just because of the fear of losing one of them but the competition in the present day makes it a requirement.

Having a single career was once considered a blessing when education was scarce and expenses were affordable. There were less job opportunities then. There was no sense or fear of competition among individuals. Our parents or grandparents used to spend their lifetime working for a single organization and were so devo...