With the increasing popularity of computers and calculators, student literacy is decreasing dramatically. What are the positive and negative effects the progress of science and technology has brought about?

Undoubtedly, in this technological era, many new gadgets gaining popularity which has not only facilitate the life of the students but even other people. Nevertheless, these have some ill effects, which I will try to enunciate below.

To begin with, no doubt due to the introduction of new technologies, nowadays even difficult information on the subject matter is easily available. Indubitably, there are multifarious advantages because of these developments. Firstly, students can find the additional information on the internet with a single mouse click. For example, if a student needs to search the history of a TajMahal for a project related work, he needs to type only 4 simple words on the Google site and with a fraction of seconds thousand pages appear giving the details of the requested information. Whereas, in the early days to collect the same details, children need to travel to a Library and they gather the additional data after scanning through multiple books. Secondly, if anybody needs to appear for the competitive exams such as for CAT, IELTS, apparently, the only option is to study and do the preparation, reading books, however nowadays students can search and take a reference of the past year sample papers on the internet.

On the other hand, unfortunately because of new gadgets, students are more dependent and even for a small mathematical calculation they take a help of either a calculator or a computer, which is not beneficial in the long run and for their career growth, if in case they take up a profession such as of accountant. Even, the analytical skills are not developed properly, which is required in the multiple jobs such as software consultancy, insurance and bank related jobs. Moreover, children now spend most of their leisure time, especially on the mobile phone or on a laptop due to which in young age only they suffer from severe back pain and other maladies.

To recapitulate, technological developments, which had happened in this 21st century makes life easier and better in terms of work. On the contrary, excessive usage can have adverse effects on their health and to some extent in their skills which may be required in their future.

many new gadgets gaining popularity which has not only facilitate the life of the students but even other people.
Description: can you re-write this sentence? a lot of errors

technological developments, which had happened in this 21st century makes life easier and better
technological developments... make life easier and better