Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective.

Air pollution is always one of the most serious problems, which every country have to face with. One of the main catalysts for this is the increase of traffic. Some people think that rising the price of gas will be the best method to deal with this problem. In my opinion, I totally disagree with this idea.

Admittedly, it is undeniable that by dint of the petrol is more expensive, many people will stop using car or motorbike for traveling and tend to use public transport more frequently. As a result, it will reduce a considerable amount of automobiles and exhaust emissions, which mostly lead to the air pollution. Ironically, only when the public transport is no longer in a poor quality, will people not drive their own car. Thereby, the government should upgrade the public transport system and improve the quality to meet people's satisfaction. For instance, in London, thanks to the developed underground and large buses, people now prefer to travel by public vehicles.

On the other hand, it is said that by virtue of the higher price of gasoline, some people will decide to not buy a car for their transportation. Therefore, it will restrict the growth of traffic. Nevertheless, the paradox here is that most of people, who want to buy a car, have a high stable income and they do not care about the price of petrol. For example, although the price of gas has increase as twice as last year, my uncle, who is very rich, still purchase a new car for his wife. Hence, the more effective ways are to innovate the clean fuel and encourage people using vehicles, which are friendly to the environment, such as electric car.

In conclusion, there is no magic key for any problem and the government should integrate several measures for the traffic and pollution problems.

Air pollution is always one of the most serious problems, which every country have to face with.
Air pollution is always one of the most serious problems that every country has to face with.

by dint of the petrol is more expensive,
Description: what is the subject for this sentence?