Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution. To what extend do you agree or disagree?What other measure do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
What other measure do you think might be effective?

The increasing of development capability of a country is usually followed by the rising of citizen’s economic ability. The growing of citizen’s economy increases the middle class of society and adds the number of urban migration. This phenomenon leads the growth of the use of private vehicles. There are some impacts produced by this fact, some of them are the growing traffic and pollution problems. Some people argue that the best solution to solve these problems is by increasing the price of petrol.

Petrol is a kind of fossil fuel used in many types of vehicles such as cars, busses, trucks, motorcycles, motorboats and airplanes. In this modern era, petrol becomes one of the necessary things that people need in their daily life. The urgency to transport from one place to another makes the use of petrol becoming more significant. Besides, the negative impact of using petrol is undeniable. So that some argue to decrease the negative impact of it by increasing the price. They believe by implementing the high price of petrol – so that it is difficult for majority people to access - will reduce the use of private vehicles that can continuously minimize the traffic and pollution problems.

Despite of solving the problems, that solution also has another impact. Rising the price will only give the short-term impact in society and does not solve all the problems directly. Indeed there will be many problems occurs because of the increasing price of petrol. When the petrol’s price increases, it will impact the other necessary prices in the market and lead to inflation. The citizen will face social and economic depression that will set in the chaos in the stability of a country. Moreover, rising the price is not a good answer of the problems because there is still no other option for people to choose. By increasing petrol’s price, people are expected to leave their private car in home and start to use the public transportation. However, they have no choice except to keep using their vehicles because the inadequate of the existence public transportation, as Indonesia has facing this problem.

In case of that, I believe that there will be more effective way to solve these problems than just increasing the price of petrol. The government and the people of a country have to work and think together about the better way to solve the problems. The more effective and long-term solutions are needed to tackle these problems.

Indeed there will be many problems occurs
Indeed there will be many problems which occur
Indeed there will be many problems occuring

will be more effective way
will be more effective ways

---------------------