Many people say that the only way to guarantee getting a good job is to complete a course of university education. Others claim that it is better to start work after school and gain experience in the world of work.How far do you agree or disagree with the

Many people say that the only way to guarantee getting a good job is to complete a course of university education. Others claim that it is better to start work after school and gain experience in the world of work.
How far do you agree or disagree with the above views?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Many people believe that university degree is mandatory to get good job while there are others who think that the years spent to get university degree is waste of time and instead one can gain valuable experience in those years. I think the necessity of university degree versus job experience depend upon the type of field you want to get in.

In fields like engineering, law, information technology etc it is prerequisite to have a university degree. This is mainly because these are professional fields and one ought to have basic knowledge or the fundamental concepts correct before applying those in practice. One has to study those principles or concepts through university degree and cannot be learnt on the job as these fields are very critical and have a major impact on how everything works around us and it is not creativity dependent.

On the other hand, there are certain fields such as fashion designing, interior decorating, automobile dealer, retail shop owner which doesn’t necessarily require university degree and one can start those jobs straight after their schooling. The prime reason behind this is that these fields does not require any standard principle or concepts and the most important aspect about such jobs is the experience. Therefore, one do not want to waste years studying university course if he/ she wants to become say automobile dealer. In this case it is better to start job as early as possible to gain experience.

In conclusion, as per above arguments, the requirement of university degree is dependent on the field or area that you want to enter and sometimes it is better to start your job after schooling.

is mandatory to get good job
is mandatory to get a good job
is mandatory to get good jobs

the years spent to get university degree is waste of time
the years spent to get university degree are waste of time

it is prerequisite
it is a prerequisite

one do not want to waste years
one does not want to waste years