Many People spend a lot of time using communication technologies. What are the reasons for this. What affects will this have in our family and friends.

In this modern technology era, communication plays a vital role in day to day life. Some people hold the opinion that the technologies which were made in this 21st century are making life easy, as well as creating problems in one personal life. While, to some extent I tend to agree with this viewpoint. However, in my opinion communication has its own merits and demerits, which I will try to enunciate in the essay below.

To begin with, there are multifarious merits nowadays of using communication which can be achieved using different new inventions such as mobiles, high tech and lightweight laptops and moreover internet facility. Firstly, there is no doubt that due to these technologies, communicating with friends and families becomes very simple and convenient compared to the olden days. For instance, we can do free calling using applications such as Viber, Line and Facebook Messenger. Moreover, there is some video calling facility using applications such as Skype. Furthermore, there are free text services which allow instant messages and allow uploading pictures and videos in a fraction of seconds.

On the other hand, along with the benefits there are serious negative effects too because of this communication. Due to the introduction of the services such as whatsapp, Facebook and Twitter most of the people spend their time on the phones and laptops, this hardly allows them to spend their time with their dear ones. Secondly, due to internet facility many people bring work home and even on weekends they are working, this again taking precious time of their life which they should use either for their family and kids.

To recapitulate, indubitably communication has its own advantages and disadvantages which make life better and hell. However, it is up to each individual how to make use of that to create proper balance in life and work.

Some people hold the opinion that the development in this 21st century, which were made are creating some personal predicaments in life
Description: what is the verb for 'the development'? can you re-write this sentence?

there is some video calling facility
there are some video calling facilities

Sentence: However, it is upto each individual how to make use of that to create proper balance in life and work.
Error: upto Suggestion: up to