Money for postgraduate research is limited therefore some people think financial support from governments should be provided only for scientific research rather than less useful subjects To what extent do you agree or disagree

Money for postgraduate research is limited, therefore, some people think financial support from governments should be provided only for scientific research rather than less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is sometimes argued whether the government subsidy for post-graduate should be used equally over all area or be concentrated on scientific fields only. I completely agree with the idea that the limited fund must be allocated on more practical studies.

There are several reasons why the government should spend on science areas of post-graduate education. Since the government’s expenditure is a kind of investment which is expected to be shown some degree of output either tangible or intangible, not one-side charity or donation, it is natural that the given budget is invested to one that is more likely to bring high-return, and it would be science parts. Moreover, there is not even a single civilization without advanced technologies. Therefore researching distinct and outstanding technical knowledge would be a key to develop the country. For example, the progressive technologies of Europe which was based on substantial support since 17th century made the richest countries in the world until these days..

I firmly believe, however, that allocating subsidiaries on every field in graduate schools is inappropriate. Firstly, students who study in master or doctoral courses are willing to pay their tuition fee. They actually do not need financial aids. Secondly, there is no reason to support individuals who study for their own interests; Experts at literature are less likely to devote national interests in comparison with engineering major. Finally, the demand for liberal arts studies is much lesser than natural science and engineering majors in the post-graduate level. Since many of companies and institutions usually prefer candidates who are highly educated especially about practical academics rather than abstract one, people tend to be reluctant to apply master course of philosophy or that sorts of studies.

In conclusion, my view is that governments should focus the funds on scientific research that makes the nation wealthier, and it is ineffective to spread money to whole areas evenly.

is a kind of investment which is expected to be shown some degree of output
is a kind of investment which is expected to show some degree of output