More and more cities workers are deciding to live in the country and travel to work every day. The result is increased traffic congestion and damage to the environment. What measures do you think could be taken to enco

More and more cities workers are deciding to live in the country and travel to work every day. The result is increased traffic congestion and damage to the environment. What measures do you think could be taken to encourage people not to travel such long distance to work?

Many people are moving out of cities into the countryside to live to escape from city problems. This is causing problems because most job that are available are in the cities so people have to travel back into the cities again to work. The transportation system cannot cope so people are using their own cars and the countryside is affected by the traffic jams.

One solution to encourage people to stay in the cities is to improve the quality of life there. More many could be spent reducing crime, as this is one of the main reasons why people leave cities . For instance, more policeman can be employed for city center, which once happened in New York and is now happening in UK. As well as safe places to work and live city centers could be made more friendly and welcoming . the environment can be made cleaner and more agreeable to live and work in. This way people might be encouraged to stay rather than move away.

A vary different way to tackle the problem would to move some of the jobs out of city to smaller cities or towns. People could then still live in the countryside and enjoy it and only have to travel short distances to work. Another step is to encourage workers to spend part of their working week at home , perhaps two days and then go into work in the other days. This is happening more in many parts of the world.

There are other ways to overcome the situation but these are b the most important.

because most job that are available are in the cities
because most jobs that are available are in the cities

More many could be spent reducing crime
More money could be spent reducing crime

A vary different way
A very different way