More and more qualified people are moving from poor to rich countries to fill vacancies in specialist areas like engineering ,computing and medicine.Some people believe that by encouraging the movement of such people, rich countries are stealing from poor

More and more qualified people are moving from poor to rich countries to fill vacancies in specialist areas like engineering ,computing and medicine.

Some people believe that by encouraging the movement of such people, rich countries are stealing from poor countries. Others feel this is only part of the natural movement of workers around the world.

In developing countries with huge population like India, more and more people are moving and settling in developed nations such as America and England. There is a huge demand of highly skilled workers in the field of engineering, computing and medicine in rich counties. Due to this migration of skilled workers from poor countries to rich counties, some people are calling rich countries as robbers. But the question arises-is it true?

Let us try to understand this question by finding out why skilled workers move to skilled countries there are less opportunities for skilled professionals also low pay acts as de-motivator to work in their own country. In countries like India, the competition due to huge population is also a deciding factor So people with high skill set often tend to look overseas for better employment opportunities.

On the other hand, rich countries are looking for skilled workers to support their advanced industries. In turn, rich countries attract skilled workers from poor countries to further develop their nation. Because of which the progress of poor countries is not up to the mark as creative or skilled talent is moving away from poor countries.

In this movement, poor country also gets benefited as the cash flow at the end flows to poor country. This is mainly because the skilled migrants have their roots in the poor country and passes the money back to their home country to support their families.

In conclusion, rich countries are getting benefits of intellectual talent to help further enhance their technology where as poor country gets some of the cash flow flowing to them. So in my opinion , it is not that the rich countries are robbing poor countries, it is poor countries which are also getting some benefits out of it.