More lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Children, the promising citizens of tomorrow, need unconditional love, attention and understanding. With some form of joint family system prevailed in most parts of the world in the past, parents, grandparents and other adult members of a family provided children with all those. However, times have changed and the amount of time parents spend with their children are shrinking for various reasons. Here, I would like to accord with the given statement.

Families hold the responsibility to nurture their children to become a selfless human being. Thus, parents should spend some valuable time with the young ones’ to make them productive in all aspects of life. First and foremost is the children’s behavior and attitude that should be nurtured to lead their life in an honest path. For instance, most criminals of today were the children of yesterday, and it is their parent’s lack of teaching them about good and bad has lead to this. Secondly, education and sports are vital for a child’s development. Hence, parents should spare adequate time to understand their young one’s level of capability in studies and their interest in extra-curricular activities and thus should teach on improvising their skills.

On the contrary, owing to the change in lifestyle, parents show less attention on their children and makes their life miserable. Perhaps the most considerable reason is the trending culture in modern societies, where both the parents in a family work. Thus, they leave their children with some baby-sitters or sending them to hostels, where children finishes most of their schooling. Further, most parents vehemently follow western lifestyle, in which prevails a custom that children after a certain age should take care of themselves. In addition, some parents hold an intuition that earning money is more important for the well-being of children rather than showing attention on them. To exemplify, most parents go abroad to earn money; leaving the children alone in their native country.

To conclude, in today’s globalized world, most people have their time constraints in one way or the other that deviates them from doing their job as a parent, guardian and teacher. However, parents must realize the fact that children need parental care and hence they should strive hard to spend valuable time with children to give them personal and emotional support rather than only monetary support.

has lead to this.
has led to this.

to understand their young one’s level of capability
to understand their young ones' level of capability

parents show less attention on their children and makes their life miserable.
parents show less attention on their children and make their life miserable.

where children finishes most of their schooling.
where children finish most of their schooling.

most parents vehemently follow western lifestyle, in which prevails a custom that children after a certain age should take care of themselves.
most parents vehemently follow the western lifestyle, in which it prevails a custom that children after a certain age should take care of themselves.
most parents vehemently follow the western lifestyle which prevails a custom that children after a certain age should take care of themselves.