Most schools offer some type of physical education program to their students. Why is physical education important? Should physical education classes be required or optional?

A lot of schools have required physical education lessons because they are considered markedly important. Despite of this view, other schools offer limited hours of physical education courses, hence students are not able to learn the importance of these programs.

First of all, these lessons give students the chance to improve their physical skills and therefore their health. In fact, many schools organize open-air activities, so thanks to them pupils can do sport among the nature, for instance in parks or gardens. Moreover, physical education programs help young people to improve body resilience, becoming stronger, and for this reason these guys and gals are able to stand difficult situations after many hours of training and practice.

These kind of lessons helps also students’ mental health, for various and multiple reasons. Young boys and girls focus on their movements during these lessons but they also think about how to win a match or how to defeat other players. This fact lets students think and find a solution with their own mind and it lets them understand how to manage a stressful situation. In addition, young people have to do outdoor activities instead of studying the whole time to be less stressful and more happy and quiet.

Another good reason to offer physical courses is indeed students’ education. Teachers have to teach the importance of taking care of body weekly and the reasons of its relevance. For example, sport lets students know how to work in team and it also allows to understand the meaning of being earnest and honest with enemies.

On the whole, in my view sport activities at schools should be required and not optional because it is necessary to have a healthy mind in a healthy body.

These kind of lessons helps also students’ mental health
These kind of lessons help also students’ mental health

More compound or complex sentences wanted.