Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In the past, before refrigeration and microwaves, people needed a lot more time to prepare food because they had to make everything themselves. However, these days, we can buy all kinds of fast food, canned food, and frozen food at supermarkets, so we can prepare meals very quickly. Although this is very convenient, in my opinion, the convenient food also has some disadvantages.

First of all, the main disadvantage of this convenient food is that it is not as healthy as food that you prepare yourself. For example, when you make your own meals, you probably use good quality ingredients such as fresh vegetables and fresh meat. In contrast, fast food or instant food usually contains cheaper, low quality ingredients, and also contains a lot of chemicals such as artificial coloring and preservatives. Thus, if I had a choice, I would prefer to have homemade food.

Another problem with frozen, canned, and instant food is that people are forgetting how to cook. For instance, my father knows how to cook a lot of traditional food, and they taste delicious. On the other hand, I have never learned to cook well. This is because I often make instant or frozen food. Cooking and food are important parts of culture, but they are disappearing quickly.

Despite these problems, people still benefit from being able to prepare food conveniently. The primary advantage is that we can save a lot of time. In the past, people, especially, women had to spend many hours every day cooking for themselves and their families. Now, however, people can have a job and still have time to make meals before and after work. In short, it will be hard to find people who want to spend their entire day cooking.

In conclusion, even though it is fantastic that we can make food so quickly, we need to be aware of the disadvantages. Whenever it is possible, we should try to take our time and make healthy, nutritious meals.

before refrigeration and microwaves, people needed a lot more time to prepare food
before refrigeration and microwaves were available, people needed a lot of time to prepare food