The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should live, think and behave. However, some people believe that these ideas are not helpful in preparing younger generations for modern life.To what extent do you agree or disagre

The older generations tend to have very traditional ideas about how people should live, think and behave. However, some people believe that these ideas are not helpful in preparing younger generations for modern life.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view?

It is true that many older people believe that people should follow traditional values in everyday life to function in a society. While I agree that some traditional ideas are no more applicable presently, I believe that few are still useful and should be acted upon.

On the one hand, there are many traditional ideas that are not acceptable in a modern world of today. Firstly, it is unusual to see people pursuing a single career for lifelong. Secondly, changes have been observed in the way people look at relationships, it is now common to marry anyone outside a family and in various casts and creeds, also at later years of life. For example women in past were look upon as a shame if they were not married until early 20s, but now it is common for them to get married until later 30s. Moreover, trend of teenage marriages has also declined from past decade. Finally, there has been a diverse perspective about the roles both genders play in a family. Women have increasingly become independent for the past decade and in many households are working as a breadwinner of the family. In contrast to this, men are taking responsibilities as a househusband.

On the other hand, some traditional views and values should never be forgotten and people should stick to them diligently. For instance, people in past were extremely hardworking and used to take pride in whatever they did. Moreover, traditional values regarding manners, attitude and behaviour still holds a key place in our daily life. For example, being good to our co-workers, elders or young ones is still important as this will make us to stand out in a society and will earn respect and appreciation from others. The most imperative of all is the relation with neighbours, to help them in need and be a good member of a society, putting in all efforts to become a responsible and a good citizen.

In conclusion, I would say that it is a positive transformation that living styles, thoughts and values change with time depending upon the need, it is however important that a some traditional values left to us by our ancestors should never be left behind because they play a key role to groom us up as a better human being.

that a some traditional values left to us
that some traditional values left to us