The only way to cut crime rate is to build more prisons and make prison sentences longer. To what extent do you agree or disagree this opinion?

“Crime”, the word itself describes its harshness. Nowadays, it has become part of our life as like technologies. Day-to-Day we come across crimes across the globe through newspapers and TV channels. Hence to decline the crime rate, most people suggest manifolding numerous prisons throughout the country and nudging prison sentences a bit longer. In this essay, I will examine the above mentioned proposal and any other possible solutions before declaring my view.

Nobody can argue about the fact that criminal activities adversely affect a country’s economy and culture in one way or the other. Offenses can be in the form of robbery, eve-teasing, corruption or hiding black money in Swiss banks. For example, few Indian politicians have amassed a huge amount of black money in Swiss banks. Owing to this, India is still paying debts to World Bank. This kind of crime cannot be stopped, even if the politicians gets arrested and confined in jail for years and years. Secondly, corruption has become a kind of deadly virus that kills a country’s economy at a slow pace. Bribing is being done by all class of people. Obviously, it is impossible to confine all these people in prison. Hence, government has to initiate vehement laws against corruption. Further, people can be given counseling to make them understand the negative consequences owing to their act.

To commence, there are strong reasons to support the view that crime rate can be dramatically reduced by making prison sentences longer. First, crimes like pick pocketing and drunk driving should be considered as a serious threat to humanity. For instance, many innocent people lose their lives because of the reckless human beings who drive under the influence of alcohol. Further, pick pocket thieves steal wallets, especially the one with monthly salary from middle class people, for whom, it is impossible to manage their families without money. The above offense can be stopped, only by lengthening the punishment from mere a month to more than three years. Secondly, an important punishment to be noted and punished vigorously is “rape”. Raping women and child are happening in every nook and corner of the globe. The pain it generates for the victims is unbearable. This kind of violence should be stopped and can be done by giving life imprisonment to those notorious criminals. Further, if required, the offenders could be sentenced to death.

To conclude, though solutions like giving counseling or imposing new laws may reduce the crime rate, but it is not 100% guaranteed. It is also totally depend on the various forms of crime. Some crimes are overrated like “rape” that it should be hardly punished. Hence, I opine that crime rate can be drastically reduced by increasing number of prisons and lengthening of prison sentences.

even if the politicians gets arrested
even if the politicians get arrested

though solutions like giving counseling or imposing new laws may reduce the crime rate, but it is not 100% guaranteed
Description: don't put 'though' 'but' in one sentence.

It is also totally depend on the various forms
It is also totally dependent on the various forms