In order to solve traffic problems, government should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation.What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution?

In order to solve traffic problems, government should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution?

In many large cities around the world, the number of cars has increasing to an alarming rates. this large number of cars causes a lot of problems such as pollution, traffic congestion and so on. One of the possible solution by the government is tax on private car drivers. As the case with many policies, there are pros and cons for this policy.

First and foremost, by putting tax on every private car, many people will try to avoid using their cars, and resorting more on public transportation. Consequently, this will lead to less traffic problems and less pollution. Moreover, governments could use this money to improve public transportation. In my city for example, no body prefer to use public buses, that because of miserable condition of public buses. thus, using the tax money to improve these buses will be a lucrative idea.

On the other hand, the thorny side of this policy is putting more burden on the poor people. In other words, usually the private car owners are from the poor people, due to the fact that, they use these car to earn 'bread and butter' for their families. hence, this tax undoubtedly will worsen their condition. In addition to this, the tax is mostly fixed, that means the same amount of money will taken from car owners. To be more specific, the rich people will not effected by this tax, it is not fair to put same tax on different kinds of people.

In conclusion, it is clearly obvious that this policy related to many pros and cons. But improving public transportation is fruitful task for every country.

One of the possible solution by the government is tax on private car drivers
One of the possible solutions by the government is to tax on private car drivers

no body prefer to use public buses
no body prefers to use public buses

that this policy related to many pros and cons
that this policy is related to many pros and cons

But improving public transportation is fruitful task for every country.
But improving public transportation is a fruitful task for every country.

Sentence: In addition to this, the tax is mostly fixed, that means the same amount of money will taken from car owners.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to will and taken