A person's worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social standard and material possession. Old fashioned values, such as honor, kindness and trust, no longer seem important. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

There is no doubt that the individuals' values are judged from materialistic point of view regardless of the internal noble believes and good manners. Yet, whether this status quo is good or bad trend is a matter of debate. Personally, I do believe that the glory values, such as credibility, generosity and respect are deemed to be far more important in classifying the people.

On the one side, some people assert that person's worth would be achieved by possessing high levels of social standards. The standards such as the number of cars, property of luxurious houses and a bank account full of money have divided the society to three main sectors; low, moderate and high social class. Thus, the many stuffs anyone has possessed, the higher class level he will deserve no matter how valued is he or she.

Nevertheless, building our criteria of evaluating individuals on the internal values will give us a benefit of relying on fix and stable parameter. That is to say, the levels of social classes change according to the state of the communities, so if the evolution of any community became more progressed, then the standards of that society would escalate accordingly. For instance, if someone was well-known by his credibility, he would be valued throughout his entire life regardless of his social status.

Moreover, nations' civilization is determined primarily by the ethics which they have. There is an Arabic proverb stated that " the nations' existence is tightly related to their continuity and holding upon their noble values". So, based on that proverb, when a nation tries to leave their internal worth values, that would herald its extinction. The glory emperors and nations which they have recorded their names in the pinnacle of the history, would have been characterized by great value since prehistory time.

In conclusion, there are benefits and drawbacks for the issue that depicts the evaluation parameters of our society nowadays. Although some people rely on the standards of living to say that particular person is worth, in my opinion noble values and notions represent the most reliable and static factor to determine the individual's worth.

whether this status quo is good or bad trend
whether this status quo is a good or bad trend

relying on fix and stable parameter.
relying on a fixed and stable parameter.