Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It is certainly true to say that, sporting events like world cup and Olympics have crucial role in relieving tension and enhancing patriotic feeling. Although, some people might disagree with this opinion, however I agree with the above mentioned view. In this essay I would like to account for both the views with my own perception.

First of all, the international sporting occasions like, football world cup and Olympics are important in improving the relations between different countries all over the world.The good example is happened in world football cup 2002, when North and South Korea teams participate in these event. For the first time people from two countries were met as there are no relations between these two countries for long period of time due to political issues. Thus, the sport did the job that considered impossible by political ways. Moreover, the sport might boost the patriotic feeling of the masses, when all fans of a particular team are standing for the national anthem.

On the other hand, some people disagree with the above mentioned view. Firstly, because of the stress and pressure that accompanied the competitions, many fans have become aggressive and involved in violence actions. Furthermore, in Olympic games where every player looking for winning a golden medal, he/she might take a drug in order to enhance the body strength. Therefore, in many cases the player is fired from the game and might be prohibited from participation in all sport event.

In conclusion, both views have their own significance. However, I believe that, international sporting occasions are fundamental in releasing tension and augmenting the patriotic feeling.

for long period of time
for a long period of time

did the job that considered impossible by political ways.
did the job that is considered impossible by political ways.
did the job considered impossible by political ways.

where every player looking for winning a golden medal
where every player is looking for winning a golden medal

This is out of topic:
'Furthermore, in Olympic games where every player looking for winning a golden medal, he/she might take a drug in order to enhance the body strength. Therefore, in many cases the player is fired from the game and might be prohibited from participation in all sport event.'