"Prevention is better than cure."Out of a country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

"Prevention is better than cure."
Out of a country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

With a large increase in world’s population and environmental variations, the number and type of diseases are also bulking up. “Prevention is better than cure” is one of the famous proverb. It is agreed that a large portion of country’s health budget should be diverted form treatment purposes to spending on health education and preventive measures. It is supported by a decrease in the percentage of ill people and having more aware community.

Creating awareness among the society about different diseases and their respective preventive measures can greatly reduce the percentage of people prone to diseases. As an example, using mosquito net as a preventive measure, against diseases transmitted by mosquitos like yellow fever, dengue etc, can be very effective. Preventive measures thus proves very effectual against diseases. After analyzing this, it is clear that large portion of treatment budget should be used to promote health education and preventive measures.

Awareness level of a society or community regarding any factor depend upon the sources and opportunities available. Spending more to promote about health and safety would obviously result in higher people knowledge about this aspect. Most people don’t pay much attention towards this aspect and are not ready to pay for such type of education. It brings the need of arranging free seminars and campaigns for creating awareness. Further this thing leads to more budget to be available for health education and preventive measures.

After considering the benefits of less percentage of ill people and more aware society, it is clear that large portion of treatment budget should be used for health education preventive measures. It is expected that health education will be made as compulsory course for all the citizens.

Preventive measures thus proves very effectual against diseases.
Preventive measures thus prove very effectual against diseases.

Sentence: Spending more to promote about health and safety would obviously result in higher people knowledge about this aspect.
Suggestion: Refer to people and knowledge