By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers.To what extent do u agree or disagree?

By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers.
To what extent do u agree or disagree?

Punishment is announced to a particular criminal according to nature and severity of his crime. So, if a murderer is given penalty of death, it is quite justified because that is what he did to that person whom he murdered. I partly agree with this argument.

To begin with, death penalty is nothing but a cruel way of punishment serving the purpose of alerting rest of population to forbid them to play with lives of others. In contrast, if a murderer is not given this deadly punishment of his act and given the gift of life though in the form of life time imprisonment, would not serve the purpose. Resultantly, bloodshed and murders can become common.

Furthermore, punishing each criminal according to the nature of his crime creates a state of harmony in a society. When every murderer gets lethal punishments in the form of death penalties, the crime rates on the whole, and murders, in specific, tend to decline in a country. The peaceful environment of developed countries like European countries in comparison with prevalent gore in Asian countries is the real example quoted in this regard. Thence, justice and peace prevails in a society only by adopting strict rules.

Nevertheless, there are some prisoners who are just accused of being murderers and are not the real ones. Hence, when they get universal punishment of committing a murder in the form of death penalty, many souls lose their lives before proving themselves innocent. This smashes the lives of their families leaving eternal detrimental psychological and social impacts on their lives. Thus, in such scenario's when there is no valid proof of labeling a person a real murderer, life time imprisonment may be suitable.

In a nutshell, death penalty is a brutal but effective way of punishment given to a murderer as helps to lessen murders in general and maintains state of peace in a society. Thus, death penalty is a righteous way to punish a real murderer instead of life time imprisonment in my viewpoint too.

according to nature and severity of his crime.
according to the nature and severity of his crime.

,would not serve the purpose
Description: what is the subject for this sentence?

justice and peace prevails in a society only by adopting strict rules.
justice and peace prevail in a society only by adopting strict rules.

leaving eternal detrimental psychological and social impacts

Sentence: In a nutshell, death penalty is a brutal but effective way of punishment given to a murderer as helps to lessen murders in general and maintains state of peace in a society.
Description: The fragment as helps to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace helps with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive