In some countries, an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.To what extend do you agree or disagree wi

In some countries, an increasing number of people are suffering from health problems as a result of eating too much fast food. It is therefore necessary for governments to impose a higher tax on this kind of food.
To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

In today’s world, in many countries, the number of people who have health issues has increased significantly. Due to consuming excessive fast food, many people are suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and overweight. Some people assert that in order to tackle this problem the government should impose a heavy tax on all unhealthy food because it can reduce the number of fast food consumers. However, others argue that it is not the best solution for this issue. Both sides will be discussed carefully.

On the one hand, it is an effective measure to reduce the high number of fast food consumers. With the high tax on unhealthy food, it can definitely cut down some fast food merchandised eventually. If the price of fast food increases from imposing highly tax, some consumers would change their mind to purchase other kinds of food and the number of fast food consumers will decrease eventually.

On the other hand, some people argue that imposing a high tax on fast food is not an effective solution. The main problem is that people lack the awareness of their eating habits. Therefore, the government should encourage people to aware their eating habits and educate people to realize that having fast food frequently can cause many health problems in a long term. For example, releasing advertisements about the harmful of excessive consuming this type of food can emphasize the awareness of consumers. With an effective step of encouraging the awareness of people, the number of fast food eaters will decrease, significantly.

To sum up in my opinion, both sides have positive effects on this issue. However, I would like to disagree with high tax regulations on fast food. This is because, an individual has basic rights to choose their food intake. Even though, the unhealthy food cost will increase, people still prefer to buy it because of their desire. Therefore, other measures such as encouraging eating healthy food through the media would be a better solution.