Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

The issue of the right age for studying another language is widely discussed among experts nowadays. Some feel that it is better to start doing it at primary school, while others disagree. I think that the earlier a child begins learning a foreign language, the easier the process is.

It is true that learning another language is a challenge at any age. Both educators and parents can argue that primary school students are too young for that. The main arguments of this approach are: children are not able to concentrate and they also need to have some grammar knowledge of their mother tongue. Why do we have to load their memory so early, if we can postpone it for another couple of years and prolong their childhood, giving them more time to play?

We should admit that it takes less time to master another language when you are young. Who said a primary school student cannot learn while playing or singing? A young brain has a unique ability to absorb new information like a sponge. If the right techniques are chosen, learning can become fun both for teachers and our offspring. If a teacher is experienced enough, uses various methods of teaching, takes into consideration what types of learners his students are and has a great personality, his pupils are going to like his subject and succeed in it.

Leonardo da Vinci wrote:” Learning never exhausts the mind”, and I 100% agree with him. The more children do when they are young, the more knowledge they have when they are adults. No one can guarantee their parents will hear the words of gratitude, but our children will have fundamental knowledge in their disposal, and it is their choice how to use it. No matter what children learn – music, French, art or dancing; this knowledge enriches their lives and will definitely be useful one day.

In conclusion, if parents choose the right teachers for their children, their offspring will benefit a lot from learning.

Need to focus on 'it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school'. not 'it is better for children to begin learning anything at primary school '

also need to put more content and argue why not 'secondary school'.

Be more sensitive to use 'it'