Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

In today's modern world, language plays an indispensable role in both studies and jobs as well as during socializing. Thus, some professionals encourage the children nowadays to start learning a foreign language at primary school and claim that it will be too late for children to learn it in secondary school. In this essay, we will examine both the benefits and drawbacks of this issue.

Undoubtedly, learning a totally new language is tiring and requires more time to master it. It,indirectly, increases the burden of a primary school pupil who is supposed to learn new things in a stress-free environment. If they have learn a new language in primary school, they will be loaded with more tonnes of homework everyday. In fact, more time should be allocated to study more useful subjects such as science and mathematics. These subjects are considered as stepping stones to a prospective job. If one day they have become a scientist or a doctor, they may contribute endlessly to our nation by inventing more essential drugs in combating diseases.

However, there is other side of a coin always. To begin, start picking up a foreign language enable the children to develop a better foundation in foreign language. They are more likely to speak it more confidently in front of the crowds. It is proven that children who learn a new language tend to make less mistakes in writing an essay. Not forgetting to mention that, they will have the ability to express things more clearly as they have wider range of vocabulary than those who start late. In addition, they may come across with foreign cultures when learning a foreign language. To illustrate, it can be learnt from literatures and poems. By knowing the culture of others, they may not experience culture shock and are able to adapt well when staying in other countries for the purpose like studying. They are, obviously, become more knowledgeable and more open-minded which help them to look at a specific issue from different perspectives.

In conclusion, the benefits of learning a foreign language in primary education is apparently outweigh the drawbacks. I believe a person equipped with more languages is definitely needed in our society to make our country more prosper and flourish in the decade to come.

the benefits of learning a foreign language in primary education is apparently outweigh the drawbacks
the benefits of learning a foreign language in primary education apparently outweigh the drawbacks

more prosper and flourish
more prosperous and flourishing

More sentences varieties wanted. Look, a lot of sentences start with subject 'they'.