Essay topics: Some people believe that personal happiness is directly related to economic success. Others believe there are other factors. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
The topic of whether economic success is the key element to determine one’s happiness is of concern for many people. Some people believe that being rich can definitely make people happy, while others disagree. As for me, I do not agree the former.
Those who assert economic status hold the following reasons. Firstly, the wealthy ones can be considered as a successful entrepreneur. It is generally accepted that the rich have run an outstanding business or had a superior career performance. They have a sense of achievement by being granted a salary raise or annual bonus. Secondly, some people enjoy the material possessions and physical comfort. Holding a large amount of money, people are able to afford a spacious apartment or a luxurious bag, which means they can pursue a life with many expensive items.
However, there are opposing voices. Some others believe that one’s happiness cannot be achieved by financial condition alone. To start with, a harmonious family can satisfy people’s sense of happiness. Without the emotional support from their family member, people will feel insecure and unaccepted, although they can be extremely rich. Secondly, the lifestyle determines people’s wellbeing. For example, one will feel joyful if he involves in activities such as fishing and rock climbing. In the other words, people get satisfied when they have the chance to maintain a healthy or activate lifestyle.
I personally believe that family and personal lifestyle are more important to one’s happiness. Although economic achievement seems to be a long term goal for many people, it cannot fulfil one’s emotional satisfaction. In order to live in a happy mode, people should pay more attention to the ones they love and the passion of their hobbies. In this way, they will gain the spiritual happiness instead of simply owning lots of money.
- Many developing countries are currently expanding their tourist industries. Why is this the case? Is it a positive development? (45)
- You just moved to a new house. Write a letter to inform your friend and invite them to come to visit.1.When you moved to a new house2.Describe your new house3.Invite him to come (65.83329999999999)
- Some people believe that personal happiness is directly related to economic success. Others believe there are other factors. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (70)
- Some people think that children of different abilities should be educated together. Other think that it is better to tech the intelligent children separately and with special treatment. What do you think? (80)
- Some people believe that advertisement is useful and informative. Others think it is false and only helps to raise prices. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (76.66670000000001)
- You have heard about plans to build new apartments in a public park near your home. You want to give your opinion about this.Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. In your letterExplain how you learnt about these plansSay what you think o (80)
- The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to reduce the amount of violent crimes in the society. Do you agree or disagree? (80)
- In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the cultures and lifestyles of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (70)
- Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? (80)
- More and more people are becoming seriously overweight. Some people say that the price increase of fattening foods will solve this problem. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (80)