Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child's development while others think that it is important for children to go to school. Discuss the advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.

Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child's development while others think that it is important for children to go to school.

Discuss the advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.

Children are a priceless asset. As such, the idea that children should be sent into formal education brings significant merits, since this is an ideal place for them to interact with peers and learn valuable life lessons. Yet, it is believed that homeschooling develops strong family bonds between children and educators. Although both ideas are utterly acceptable to some extent, I would argue that there must be serious consequences that should be taken into consideration.

Needless to say, children attending school to learn school subject and socialize with other peers could possibly gain more benefits. A 2012 Harvard University study found that 27 Chinese children sent to formal school in the US start learning English, math and other school subjects, while they are also taught to merge with other students coming from different social background. The outcome of this study shows that these children were more likely to achieve good academic performance and to succeed in being more socially acceptable among their peers. However, statistics shows that the rise in the case of school violence is getting worse due to a number of crucial factors. This means that parents need extra time to keep children under surveillance.

Apart from the previous discussion, homeschooling gives children ample opportunities to create strong relationships with their teachers. By doing so, these homeschoolers have more efficient study time, from one-on-one teaching to independent study so as that they keep focusing on study. The New York Times reported in March 2015 that children being taught at home have successfully gained score higher in core studies, such as reading, language and math. As seen, they are superior to public school pupils. Unfortunately, it seems that homeschooling stunts children development, since they have no high chances to behave in group settings.

The aforementioned evidence shows that the immense benefit of school has shaped children’s development. However, it is believed that home-schooled activities are bound to teach children to grow exponentially with interpersonal relationship. It is imperative that parents and educational stakeholders should adapt teaching methods suiting how their children learn.