Some people prefer to spend more time improving their careers. Others think it’s more important to spend time with family and friends. To what extent do you agree or disagree with these statements? Discuss both views and give your own opinion

There is much debate on how time being manage properly. There are people who make valid arguments about the importance of extending time for career growth rather than diverting the attention more to family and peers. Despite this,my view is that extending more hours to meet certain career goal is more understandable . There are several reasons to support my view .

Firstly, students who does extensive studies would like to attain higher goals.The process of achieving this would have to surpass a lot of hardships and sacrifices. To illustrate, John who was my roommate during our University years, had to wake up early in the morning and stay late at night just to study his lessons. His goal was to maintain ideal grades; otherwise he will lose the academic scholarship being granted to students who stand out from the class. On the contrary, he was not able to have ample time to mingle with his friends nor with his family.

Secondly, there are members of the society that extend more hours in their work. These kind of motivations are career driven that even the family and friends could not stop them from doing such.As an example,John who was my classmate, is now an accountant.However,his big dream was to really become a lawyer. He continue to work the whole day and study at night for his law subjects. Although he was busy during weekdays he make it a point to spend the weekends with his family and sometimes with his friends.

Time management is essential for all of us. This has to work in parallel with our priorities. If time will be utilized productively, people will be able to balance life between family , friends and their endeavors.

being manage properly
being managed properly

He continue to work
He continues to work

he make it
he makes it

More arguments and less examples wanted.