Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that videos games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefi

Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that videos games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefits?

With the proliferation of video game technology it is irrefutable that today this technology plays an indispensable role in entertaining and educating people yet some people have contradicting views. This essay will look into both views before reaching any conclusion.

Perhaps, the major benefit of video games is people not only get entertained but also it acts as a valuable source to gain knowledge and helps its users to develop valuable skills to face the real world challenges. For example, from an educational perspective, these games encourage creativity and imagination as well concentration, logical thinking and problem solving. Furthermore, it has been observed that computer simulation games can also help it users to improve to preform real-world tasks such as, flying a plane or driving a motor vehicle .Thus, it is clear that, this gaming technology can be both entertaining and educational.

While there are benefits to this technology, there are also potential dangers. Perhaps the most serious of these is that adults and children in particular can easily get addicted to video games and this may have dire consequences on their health. For instance, spending hours and hours in front of gaming consoles or a computer screen can easily damage their eye sight and often leads to obesity due to lack of involvement in physical activities. Moreover, this type of addiction can cause many problems ranging from lack of sleep to efficiently preform day to day activities, especially when responsibilities are sacrificed for few more hours on gaming machines. Therefore it clearly shows that video games are highly addictive and forces its users to adopt a sedentary life style.

In conclusion, I believe video games bring enormous benefits by educating and entertaining its users. However, there are few drawbacks but by maintaining discipline and managing time efficiently its addiction can be easily avoided.

the major benefit of video games is people not only get entertained but also it acts as a valuable source

can also help it users
can also help its users

video games are highly addictive and forces its users
video games are highly addictive and force their users