Some people say that governments should pay for the public health care and education, while others say that it is not the government’s responsibility. Discuss both and give your opinion.

The topic of who are responsible for the public health care and education in the country is of concern for many people. Some insist that governments should pay for public hospitals and schools while others disagree. As for me, I strongly agree the former.

Those who claim the governments are obligated to provide funding on health can and education hold the following reasons. Firstly, the lower income groups are unable to afford the enormous expense. For example, some people who are struggling in the slum earn less than they need to survive, not to mention that they have to pay the bills of medical treatments and the tuition fees. Without the financial assistance from the government, these people will lose the opportunity of receiving medical service and schooling. Secondly, the governments can investment money to provide medical services and the qualities of primary schools with the tax revenues. As the government impose a tax on individuals, it appears that the governments have the duties to ensure the health conditions and education levels of every citizen.

However, there are opposing voices. To start with, the cost of medical or education should be paid by individuals. For example, some people have heart diseases or throat problems because they are addicted to cigarettes or alcohols. It is unreasonable to ask the governments to pay for their bad habits. In order to be fair to everyone, all citizens should be responsible for their physical health care and education, ensuring they will maintain a good lifestyle and put an effort on the study. Besides, the hospitals and schools also hold the responsibilities to upgrade their facilities and improve the environments. As neither hospitals nor schools are commercial organisations, they should guarantee the wellbeing of civilians in the country, thereby providing funding to renew equipment or devices.

To sum up, the government should offer the basis of education and health care for the public. Also, individuals and organisations need to release the financial burden on governments.

Sentence: Secondly, the governments can investment money to provide medical services and the qualities of primary schools with the tax revenues.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to can and investment