Some people say language courses using the internet and allowing you to talk to somebody is a good way to learn. Others, however, believe that study in classrooms is still the best way of learning. Give your opinion on these views and include your own exp

Essay topics: Some people say language courses using the internet and allowing you to talk to somebody is a good way to learn. Others, however, believe that study in classrooms is still the best way of learning. Give your opinion on these views and include your own experiences and examples.

devabe2005's picture

Language learning is imperative for survival in this globalized world. Some people assert that it is an excellent way to learn a language by studying course from the web while others reckon that the absolute way of learning is by the learning in the classroom. For me, learning in the classroom is more beneficial than online thought it depends on the student situation and their confidence.

On one hand, language learning in online is necessary for people who don’t have training facility in their locality. Moreover, they can easily interact through the net and chat with online trainer and learn the language rapidly. In addition, studying in online is a great advantage of learning anytime with the partner according to the leisure time. Easy to learn with native speaker and get feedback immediately. Through cyberspace anywhere accessibility makes flexible in learning the language courses. It reduces travel time to university or classroom to study the language. In contrary, students feel that they are isolated from the classroom or instructor. Lack of routine structure would deter their studies. An instructor may not be available all the time. Furthermore, slow internet connection or older computers make accessing course difficult.

On the other hand, studying through the class helps to interact and communicate effectively and learn the language quickly. It allows to learn in a quiet, safe and clean environment. Group interaction enhances learning. Students learn from one another as well as from the trainer. However, computer training is predetermined students have to adjust their schedule according to the class. If class size is larger than passive learning may take place and also teacher cannot concentrate each student.

My own view is that classroom learning is an exceptional way to learn a language. However, if a student wants to lean in online he should ensure that stick into a student schedule or routine and he has sufficient internet and computer facilities.