Some people think that excessive use of mobile phones and computers badly affects writing and reading skills. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. Give your opinion.

Today’s technological advances in information technology have many impacts in the budding society. While many are in favor of positive impacts of the modern equipments, while others indicate the negative impacts of overuse of these devices on creative skills on students. In this essay, we will explore both the arguments before drawing any logical conclusion.

There are multifarious ways in which these modern devices help today’s generation to improve their language skills. Firstly, the forums such as Writer’s Bug and maintaining individual web blog provide an excellent platform for the students to express their views and ideas. Secondly, the introduction of online tutoring websites helps shy pupils to improve language and pronunciation skills in a better way apart from the school. Thirdly, the websites like Face book, LinkedIn and Skype also assist youth in making international friendships and promote exchange of their ideas and language skills. Therefore, when used effectively, modern day facilities definitely help the teenagers to nurture and promote their creative writing and reading skills in its own way.

Nevertheless, overuse of modern technology takes it own toll on youngsters both in personal and social levels. From the personal level, it affects not only the health of the individuals, but also their learning ability. For instance, young pupils solely depend on the software for correcting their spelling and grammar lessons than on their own. In social level, this dependency on multimedia leads to the 'dependence syndrome’ for youth. In other words, overuse of communication devices greatly impairs creativity, independent social behavior and decision making ability of adolescents.

To conclude, in my opinion, when we consider the possibilities of cyber crime and authenticity of available information, it would be safer when the young students are allowed to use multimedia communications with elderly guidance. If we continue to encourage the younger generation to use communication devices safely, it will benefit both the individuals and the literary society in a great way.

The second paragraph is out of topic.