some people think that genetically modified crops are a positive development. others, however, argue that they are dangerous. discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

some people think that genetically modified crops are a positive development. others, however, argue that they are dangerous.
discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

There is no doubt that genetically modified crops are a great step forward in all over the world. Whether or not the pros and cons of this development is a point of contention.

First of all, one of the dramatically bad effects of these plants would be the increase of various diseases. These kinds of crops not only have unnatural items but also are grown in a manipulated way. These changes bring some drawback about. In addition, the modified crops also have fewer minerals and attributes which people should gain by eating them. By consuming the mentioned food not only vitamins and minerals would not be absorbed but also some dangerous things for people’s health come into the body. In conclusion, they are resulted into many different illnesses such as cancer, Alzheimer and etc.

The second disadvantage would be the effect on global warming. As most scientists and scholars have studied and publicized, the phenomenon of global warming is the result of many items which are included the manipulated growing process of the plants. During this process, many dangerous gases such carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide are produced which are hurting the ozone layer. The continuing of this process would damage the ozone layer and the global warming respectively. In result, it would decrease the level of living and threaten the people’s health.

On the other hand, the GM way of granting is vital for surviving the people’s lives in today’s world. The worldwide problems such as scarcity of food, hunger and etc. can be handled in a better way in many countries especially in African continent. By unnatural way more plants can be grown and disseminates all over the world. in addition, people get used to have access to all plants and fruits in every season. So by changing the genetics of the plants this demand can be responded too.

In conclusion, although many beneficial effects are considered for the GM crops, the disadvantages for people’s lives and earth’s survival could not be denied. In my point of view, the pros and cons of this kind of plants should become balanced. People should be aware of the problems, while we should not ignore and destroy all of this development, but we should plan and manage this subject in a way that has the least of bad effects especially on people’s health.

Whether or not the pros and cons of this development is a point of contention.

Don't use 'not only...but also...' a lot of times in one essay. One time is enough.