Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer.

What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

Give reasons for your answer.

Universities as the companies which are producing knowledges and developing technology, have fundamental roles in modern age. However, there are two main struggles for the man function of them.

Firstly, somebody believes that they should provide graduates who are suitable for workspaces. In their defence, universities should prepare people for a better performance just for work environments. To this end, the essential skills in industry should be learned more and irrelevant courses must be omitted.

Secondly, others claim in opposite pattern. According to their idea, universities not only have specific academic duties, but also are not in charge with workspaces. In another words, they are in parallel and should not be in served to the each other.

Personally, I think in between of two abovementioned theories. Actually, the graduated with the bachelor degrees are enthusiastic to involve in work spaces. There should be some suitable policies to satisfy them. I also guess that universities and industries must be in constant contact. By contrast, the students of master degree and specially Ph.D. are interested in technology and new concepts of science. Here, the demands of employers or non-academic spaces are important.

To sum up with all, we should consider the tasks and demands of universities and workspaces together. Modern societies need strong and pioneer universities as well as active and powerful industries. To this end, they should keep in touch effectively. They have roles as two rings of a chain which makes a better tomorrow. In the future, universities will provide more powerful and knowledgeable staffs. As a consequence, employers become more motivated to invest in academic researches.

Sentence: In another words, they are in parallel and should not be in served to the each other.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to another and words
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, singular
Suggestion: Refer to the and each

Sentence: Personally, I think in between of two abovementioned theories.
Description: The word in is not usually used as an adverb, particle
Suggestion: Refer to 'in between'

----------------------