Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer. What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

People have different views regarding the role of universities in imparting practical skills and knowledge to its graduates. Personally, in my view, universities should focus on practical aspects of a course more than the theoretical knowledge.

Nowadays, we live in a technological world, where practical skills and knowledge pertaining to a specific field are more important than just studying for the sake of attaining knowledge. It is necessary that the universities should empower their graduates with the practical skills required in the respective fields. For example, Engineering universities should emphasize much more on the field skills of their graduates. As regards to medicine, it is a universal fact that practice is a must in a hospital for acheiving the title of a doctor. So we can state with confidence that nowadays practical skills are much more required and they are as important, or more important than the knowledge required for any certain occupation.

Some people contend that knowledge should be gained just for the sake of it, regardless of the fact if it is useful for the student or not. They believe in the old idiom 'Knowledge is Power', which is partially correct nowadays. Firstly, knowledge does not mean just learning books by heart and not understanding anything. Secondly, knowledge without application is a waste of time, energy and resources. Nothing is gained if the individual does not know how to use his knowledge in his respective field and to gain benefits himself and be beneficial for his society. Finally, it is a universal fact that knowledge cannot be measured or calculated but any practical skill a person has can be manifested in a variety of ways. So this means that knowledge should not be just gained for the sake of it, rather universities should try to inculcate the skills the employers are looking for in their potential employees.

In conclusion, there's a difference of opinion about the role of university as a source of knowledge or a practical training institute. Personally, I believe practical skills are more in demand in today's fast-paced modern world and universities should train their graduates in the skills required to compete with the outside, real world.

Sentence: As regards to medicine, it is a universal fact that practice is a must in a hospital for acheiving the title of a doctor.
Error: acheiving Suggestion: achieving

No. of Words: 362 while No. of Different Words: 169 //Try not repeat words, phrases and sentences.