Some people think that universities should provide graduates with thebknowleadge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cour

Some people think that universities should provide graduates with thebknowleadge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the course is useful to an employer.
What, in your opinion, should be the main function of a university?

In today's modern world, many students choose to go to university immediately after they finish school to acquire the knowledge and skills that are crucial in their future workplace. However, there are a handful of people who assert that the university should teach the students for its own sake without taking into considerations of whether it will benefit the employer. In my opinion, I think the major purpose of attending to a university is to gain knowledge that are useful in our future jobs.

In these times of austerity, people are spending most of their adult life in working just to secure a decent job. Most of the organisations are, undoubtedly, will attract the talented and knowledgeable potential employees to work for them by offering a high salary. If a university is able to provide the students all the required knowledge and skills which play an indispensable role in their prospective jobs, it is, indirectly, opening up an avenue for them to get a well-paid job. As a result, they would benefit their family by supporting them financially. Thus, universities should teach their students about the knowledge that are required in their future careers so that they can secure a well-paid job.

In addition, most of the employers of the large companies are looking at the academic qualifications which they believe will bring them advantages during the interviews of job applicants. If the graduates are equipped with the desired knowledge and skills in university, they are more likely to be successfully employed owing to the fact that they can handle most of their jobs well as compared to those who lack of certain knowledge in the work field. Admittedly, it will help to lower the rate of unemployment which becomes more severe than before around the globe. Hence, it is proven that the graduates with high qualifications and knowledge required in a specific workplace will definitely get a higher chance of getting a higher position in an organisation.

In conclusion, if all the universities are providing their students with the knowledge and skills which are important in their future careers, the graduates can easily secure a decent job with a high paid in the twenty-first century. I believe that all the graduates will achieve their aspirations in their jobs if they are well-equipped with the required knowledge.

No. of Words: 387 while No. of Different Words: 181 //it means there are a lot of duplicated words, phrase, or sentences

Also need to argue why not 'a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake'