Some people think that university students should not be required to attend classes, other people think that attendance should be required. Which view do you support? Use specific examples and explanations and write in 250 words

Attendance of classes for university students is very essential to learn subjects thoroughly, though many people raise questions about its significance. It helps students prepare subjects through grass root level and understand various concepts about it, which would otherwise not be feasible. Students may pass examinations and earn a degree, but their knowledge and understanding about subjects would be incomplete without attendance.

University students aren’t like school going students who need spoon feeding. They are so ingenious and intelligent that they can learn their own way and require only proper guidance and motivation. They can learn subjects without attending classes, but attendance at classes will make their concepts and views about subjects clearer and would make them assure that they are reading and preparing in right way. Students gain knowledge about subjects through experience of professor and teachers of university which would not be feasible without attendance. Thus, according to me, every university student must attend classes.

Moreover, attendance at classes provides an opportunity for the students to interact with their colleagues, discuss about various topics, procedures and chapters of subjects and share their views and ideas with each other. It will also help them clear many misconceptions about various subjects.

Furthermore, attendance of classes will make them socially healthy by making friends at classes. Many universities have recognized importance of attendance and therefore they have made certain percentages of attendance of students compulsory to appear in their final examinations. Almost all distance learning programs offered by universities nowadays require to attend all contact sessions compulsorily.

To conclude, attendance at classes will be surely beneficial to university students to outperform in various subjects of a program and I recommend universities to make it compulsory for all students to appear in examinations also.

Many universities have recognized importance of attendance
Many universities have recognized the importance of attendance