Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

At present, advertising plays an extremely important role for most companies. Many people believe that, the high sales og products are controlled by those commercial advertisement.

The first reason for this is idol influence. Many companies invest a large amount of money to hire famous stars for their adverts such as actors, singers or sports athletes. This attracts many many customers because of the stars’ fame, not from the commodities themselves. As a result, consumers buy those products even if they do not need them for individual needs. Secondly, every kind of goods looks effective and perfect much more than their real qualities. Shopping man usually lack information about what they purchase so the only source they rely is advertisement. For instance, almost all mothers buy milk to improve the height of their children as advertisement says but no one ensures how much quantity is enough. Meanwhile, the turnover of dairy firms increases enormously with customers’ expectation.

Beside that, there are many opinions against this attitude. Firstly, the impressive sales of some specific goods are caused by themselves more than power of advertisement. If a product has a good quality, a competitive price or practical uses, it actually meets the consumer demand. Moreover, people are restricted by their income, therefore, they can not afford to everything on the advertisement. Finally, there are a significant number of people who always purchase commodities according to their shopping habits. They buy what they like and neglect what the advertisement offers.

To conclude, the profit of firms is expressed more or less through the advertising but it is only one of factors. I think people should have strong perspective on shopping decision and use advert for just reference to become intelligent consumers.

Shopping man usually lack information
Shopping man usually lacks information

but it is only one of factors
but it is only one of the factors

Sentence: This attracts many many customers because of the stars' fame, not from the commodities themselves.
Description: The fragment many many contains a repeated word
Suggestion: Delete a possible duplicate word:

Sentence: Many people believe that, the high sales og products are controlled by those commercial advertisement.
Error: og Suggestion: No alternate word