The world is consuming natural resources faster than they can be renewed. Therefore, it is important that products are made to last. Governments should discourage people from constantly buying more up to date or fashionable products. To what extent do yo

The world is consuming natural resources faster than they can be renewed. Therefore, it is important that products are made to last. Governments should discourage people from constantly buying more up to date or fashionable products. To what extent do you agree with this statement?

Today we live in a world that’s using many scarce resources, like oil, minerals, water and land. That causes lots of problems for people, communities, our economy and the environment. Hence, most people suggest that governments should restrain people from acquiring contemporary products. I, personally, support the above view, and in this essay I will explain the reasons why.

In today’s consumerism, most people follow the term called “Modernization”. It refers to a progressive transition from a traditional to a modern society. Nowadays, people tend to hold a custom to buy the latest products that enhance their lifestyle. For instance, recently, most people across the globe bought the newly launched mobile “iPhone 6s Plus” to upgrade with the latest technology. Further, most IT industries encourage their employees to be extravagant. They tend to buy all the fashionable items, whichever comes in the market. From the above perspective, it is vivid that being up-to-date with the modern technologies and trending with fashion has become the need of the day, especially in this modern era.

To commence, there are strong reasons to support the view that governments should put a limitation on public’s buying habits. As the earth’s natural resources are finite, it is the responsibility of governments to ensure that it is not exhausted. Natural resources are abundantly used by fashion industries, automobile sector and paper industries. Further, deforestation occurs mainly for building numerous industries across the globe. In this scenario, consumer holds the prime responsibility for the declining of natural resources. Their vehement desire behind the purchasing of numerous goods is the sole responsible. Hence, to save natural resources, governments should initiate steps for formulating ways to restrain people from their irresponsible purchasing habit. It can be in the form of stringent laws or proper counseling to make people understand the after effects of their over usage. Further, governments should encourage industries to manufacture products that last long.

To conclude, I strongly assert that governments should be very strict and discourage people over using natural resources. To be honest, government cannot stop such a bad trend all alone. People should also cooperate and understand the issue and could help the government to prevent the overuse of natural resources.

is the sole responsible.
is the sole responsibility.

Sentence Length SD: 4.872 7.5 //"Sentence Length SD is low" means that the essay contains lots of sentences with the similar length. More sentences varieties wanted.