According to those in the travel business the nature of the average holiday is changing Rather than seeking a relaxing break in a far away place people now want excitement on their holidays and are keen to participate in unusual and challenging activities

According to those in the travel business, the nature of the average 'holiday' is changing. Rather than seeking a relaxing break in a far-away place, people now want excitement on their holidays and are keen to participate in unusual and challenging activities.

Do you agree or disagree?
You should write at least 250 words.

Use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and with relevant evidence.

Holidays are important because they provide break from busy routine. In the past, people tend to visit relaxing far away locations to spend their holidays but nowadays the trend has been changing. I agree with that view that people are now much interested in new and adventurous activities during their holidays.

On one hand, people are now more ambitious and work harder. They always live in the race of the competitive world and do not want to let that spirit die during their holidays. So, they are very much keen on participating in adventurous sports like skiing, surfing, scuba diving or thrilling activities like camping, biking, etc. Instead of recharging our batteries by relaxation, people opt to rejuvenate themselves by these thrilling activities and boost their energy level. This way is much quicker and more preferred in the fast paced life style.

On the other hand, it is more cost and time effective than relaxing in luxurious hotels in foreign country. Ever increasing petrol prices makes flight trips costlier; Real estate boom and inflation of food prices makes international stay less affordable. Hence, people are not willing to spend the year long earned money lavishly for the luxury of few days. Instead, they invent affordable unusual and challenging activities in their known places and enjoy themselves. Another major obstacle is taking a long break for relaxation has become a nightmare in the busy routine. For example, we had a friend’s reunion last month in a fishing camp in our own city because international trip is not suitable due to time constraints of each individual work life.

In conclusion, the change in the lifestyle and the matter of time and cost makes people choose unusual activities for holidays.

because they provide break from busy routine
because they provide a break from busy routines

people tend to visit relaxing far away locations
people tend to visit far-away locations

in foreign country
in a foreign country
in foreign countries

Ever increasing petrol prices makes flight trips costlier; Real estate boom and inflation of food prices makes international stay less affordable.
Ever increasing petrol prices make flight trips costlier; Real estate booms and inflation of food prices make international stay less affordable.