To balance work with personal life is often complicated and difficult to implement What are the causes of this problem How can it be overcome

To balance work with personal life is often complicated and difficult to implement. What are the causes of this problem? How can it be overcome?

In today’s busy world, it is no doubt true that work-life balance is often complicated and difficult to attain. This essay will examine the causes of this and discuss the possible solutions to overcome this problem.

There are several reasons why it is so hard to obtain the perfect equilibrium of work and personal life. First, we are all products of multitasking society. From the moment we wake up, until we fall asleep, exhausted at night, we seem to confront a never-ending list or urgent tasks. Secondly, job uncertainty after the global financial crisis has increased the pressure to be available all the time. We feel that we can’t take time off as we are afraid of losing our jobs. Furthermore, the advancement of technology has been a contributing factor as well. Introduction of laptops, smart phones and the ability to work remotely gave us no reasons not to work if we are part of an anywhere, anytime culture such as the IT industry.

What can we do to solve this issue? Simple time management work wonders. We should set out blocks of time to focus on specific tasks and don’t feel pressured to respond to all emails as they come in, this applies to evenings and weekends too. Next, we should learn how to say no – don’t bite more than what we can chew. It is important to be honest and targeted about what we can accomplish at the given schedule. Finally, we should learn to respect our private time in the same way we respect our clients and co-workers' time. Try our best not to take home work if we already set a day for ourselves or for our family and friends.

In conclusion, although finding balance between our career and personal life is a huge challenge, there are certain steps that we can take to be able to achieve it.