Children do not respect their parents as much as they did in the past This behaviour is now having a negative impact on society Discuss

Children do not respect their parents as much as they did in the past. This behaviour is now having a negative impact on society. Discuss

With the increase in mordernisation of our society and exposure of kids to technology and internet, many parents have been complaining about change in behavior of children toward's them. The moment kids start going to colleges or even jr. colleges, they expect full freedom from their families and want to live life on their own terms. This results in children disobeying their parents and thinking of them as their enemies.

The question here arises, why does this happen? The parents obviously want their children to be self dependent and confident and they are ready to give their kids whatever they want. However, youngsters specially teenagers do not like interference in any matter from their parents. When kids watch TV shows or movies where teenagers are shown having independent lifestyles and are portrayed as heroes and heroines, they see them as their idols and want to mimic them. And when they face any objection from their parents, they see this as a way of blocking their freedom. Thus they start disrespecting and neglecting their parents.

Such behaviour from kids is actually creating differences within families and is dangerous to society. Teenage is a period where an individual feel's that he/she has already grown up and is ready to take on the world.In such situations, sometimes the person take's a wrong step and that brings harm not only to oneself but to family as well. At times just out of curiosity or to prove a point, youngsters indulge in activities like drug abuse and sexual crimes. Today we see a number of such crimes being executed by youngsters.

It is very important to understand the psychology of teenagers and it's the responsibility of parents to keep a check on what their kids are being exposed to. Many psychologists have suggested that it's best to be a friend to your children rather than being a parent then they are in teenage. Providing advise and suggestions in a friendly manner goes a long way in making them understand the good and bad. Children can also be encouraged from a very young age to read the biographies of great people so that it has a positive influence from their stories.

Last but not the least, elders should try to set an example for their young one's by showing them how to respect and love parents. As it is rightly said, “as you bow, so shall you reap”.

and exposure of kids to technology and internet,
and the exposure of kids to technology and internet,

many parents have been complaining about change in behavior of children toward's them.
many parents have been complaining about the changes in the behaviors of children towards them.

Teenage is a period where an individual feel's that he/she has already grown up
Teenage is a period when an individual feels that he/she has already grown up

the person take's a wrong step
the person takes a wrong step

for their young one's by showing them
for their young ones by showing them

-----------------------