Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

Teachers are our primary educators, after parents. They teach us about almost everything, let alone the compulsory school subjects. Handful of people believe that teachers should be paid in accordance with how much their students learn. Personally, I tend to think that this would be erroneous step as the negative impacts could be well exposed.

In this context, such a step will undoubtedly lead to improper imparting of education. Students go to school and colleges to educate, learn and enlighten themselves, not to cram things. The teachers might bulldoze the students to mug up the syllabus word by word so as to get high scores, not caring whether students actually learn things or not. Eventually, students would miss a lot of crucial education that is really influential on their lives.

Everybody is different, also in respect to learning power. Each student has a different grasp power, one could learn a thing within seconds while other could take hours. Teachers might force the slow learners or the students who have learning difficulties to learn a particular thing in a given amount . This would be partial on the part of the teachers as slow learners do not have in their hands to increase their learning ability enormously in just a matter of time.

If salary would be the main aim of the teachers, they would start home tutoring , signifying avidity and cruelness .After spending hours at school , students do not have much time to allot to other activities. It would not escape from the fact that it would further lead to wastage of time for students. This methodology would make room for repetition of the teachings giving way for ambiguity.

In total, one can say that it is improper to base the salary of teachers on the performance of students. There may be a small proportion of teachers who might improve their performance for salary but it is impolite and injustice to measure such a noble profession using money.

this would be erroneous step
this would be an erroneous step
this would be erroneous steps