Government should be responsible for funding and controlling scientific research rather than private organizations To what extent do you agree or disagree

Government should be responsible for funding and controlling scientific research rather than private organizations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Country growth and development is also depended upon its advancement in scientific research and development. Over the years governments has been funding and controlling the research activities, recently many private organizations are coming forward to invest in research projects. However, I believe that scientific research activities have to be completely controlled by Government organizations only.

To begin all the research activities have to be controlled & funded by government as they provide utmost security and do not disclose any information which cause disturbance in nation security. ...

governments has been funding
governments have been funding

when private organizations funds and undertakes a research project
when private organizations fund and undertake a research project

Sentence Length SD: 4.208 7.5 //"Sentence Length SD is low" means that the essay contains lots of sentences with the similar length. More sentences varieties wanted.