The main reason people go to work is to earn money To what extent do you agree or disagree

The main reason people go to work is to earn money.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Many people struggle to find work these days, and this indicates that these people are willing to dedicate themselves to any duty given to them whether they like it or not. To a certain extent, I agree that the purpose of work is to make money, but I also believe that there are other factors for people to work.

In my view, many people work for several reasons. Firstly, nobody is able to live without fulfilling the basic survival needs, and this requires money. In order to meet the basic necessities, such as accommodation, bills and food, a person must find work. Secondly, many adults have families who depend on the wages they earn. If these workers get laid off, their families may get evicted from their houses, and in worst case could end up living out in the streets. Finally, a person is conscious of the need to save for future along with paying for the basic necessities for himself and his family. For example, when his children grow up, he may need to pay for their university tuition fees.

Despite the argument above, I believe that people work for a variety of personal reasons. Some people may think that it is more important to do what they want to do with their lives. Some people derive a sense of satisfaction from achieving their goals, while others consider being a productive member of society to be much more important than earning money. For example, a person, who is interested in art and wants to become an artist even though this type of career may be difficult to bring great fortune and fame, may still pursue his dream regardless of concerns associated with it.

In conclusion, for the reasons mentioned above, I somewhat agree with the contention that money is the only reason for working, but I would rather believe that people’s sense of purpose in life can be the main reason.

Sentence: If these workers get laid off, their families may get evicted from their houses, and in worst case could end up living out in the streets.
Description: The token in is not usually followed by an adjective, superlative
Suggestion: Refer to in and worst

Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.857 0.12 // Discourse Markers are those words or phrases like 'Despite the argument above', 'I believe ', 'In conclusion, for the reasons mentioned above,'