Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal Some people however think that other types of progress are equally important for a country Discuss both views and give your opinions

Many governments think that economic progress is their most important goal. Some people, however, think that other types of progress are equally important for a country.
Discuss both views and give your opinions.

Such is our heavy concentration on economic development that many-voiced skepticism about the rationale of this decision. While I agree that economic growth is indisputable, I believe that other progress, such as environmental, is equally as important.
On one hand, the economic objective is appealing for several reasons. First of all, it is the foremost indication of living standards of the country. Positive economic growth means the increase in the national production of goods and services. In another word, the unemployment rate is decreased, so is the level of inflation. Directly, economic growth attributes to higher happiness index; when the economy is prosperous, their citizens have higher standards of living.
Nevertheless, I firmly believe that other considerations are just as indispensable as the welfare of the state. The environmental problem, for example, has raised an alarming concern in recent years. In early 2020, Australia was facing a devastating loss of over 2000 wildlife animals and million acres of forestland, as a result of the bushfire crisis. We – the humankind – tend to dismiss a simplicity yet extraordinary sophistication is that our existence solely depends on nature. Without natural resources, there would have been no economic progress. The key to a sustainable future is to make economic decisions compatible with environmental conservation. In fact, the constitution needs to be amended so that protecting the Earth is a mandatory practice by all citizens.
By way of conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that while I respect the public view on economic development, I do not believe that this is a farsighted view. Progress on economy may have transformed our material existence, but the environment is what decided our longevity.