Settling into a new culture can be extremely difficult Although some culture shock is inevitable there are a number of ways to make living overseas much easier Discuss

Settling into a new culture can be extremely difficult. Although some 'culture shock' is inevitable, there are a number of ways to make living overseas much easier. Discuss

To begin with, it should be stated that people move overseas in order to work, study or any other personal reason. Though living abroad can be a great experience, still there are lots of difficulties to overcome.

The phenomenon of culture shock may include communication problems, cultural and lifestyle differences as well as homesickness. Albeit it is pretty hard to get used to a new surrounding there are number of ways to minimize culture shock effect.

First of all it is important to get rid of communication barrier learning the language of the country. It is better to acquire some basic knowledge of grammar before moving abroad, so that to be able to enlarge the vocabulary and know how to use it. There is just a little bit of persistence needed and communication with native speakers may turn out to be not as complicated as it looks.

In addition, other problems related to different culture and lifestyle may arise. To prevent awkward situations caused by misunderstanding, it is reasonable to familiarize with all the cultural peculiarities or at least with those that are the most meaningful ones.

As well as that it is common for people to feel homesick living overseas, miss family and friends. It is an inevitable part of settling into a new country. The solution is provided by modern technologies, for instance Skype, Facebook or any other social network that is aimed at helping people to keep in touch with their nearest and dearest.

To sum up, moving to a different country is not an easy task to cope with. Language barrier, culture peculiarities and homesickness can be severe obstacles for people to successfully settle down in a new environment. However there are number of ways to reduce difficulties.