Some people believe it is important to allocate part of school resources for art and music education even if this means spending less money and time on academics Discuss advantages and disadvantages of devoting a portion of school funds to art and music e

Some people believe it is important to allocate part of school resources for art and music education even if this means spending less money and time on academics. Discuss advantages and disadvantages of devoting a portion of school funds to art and music education.

Education involves teaching students basic disciplines like science and language whilist grooming of personality involves exposure to other disciplines like arts and music. A studious student who is master of his curriculum also has strong pastime that makes him active and tension free. However, overzealous indulgence into extra curricular activities hampers studies by diverting attention and time. Therefore, a positive balance between both is mandatory.

To begin, standards of good education in current century are changed. In comparison with past, arts and music are being paid attention equivalent to academics. Nowadays, students studying in these new systems are provoked to recognize their inborn talents and consequently, adopting these as professions in later lives. This has removed the concept of forceful selection of future profession by parents for their children. Moreover, these sorts of activities at schools under guidance of teachers and in company of friends help students in developing certain hobbies like painting, drawing, miniature work, sculpture and so on. Thus, hidden talents of students can be brought out that would otherwise have remained unnoticed. Additionally, healthy hobbies accompanying the students throughout their lives are established at right time.

Nevertheless, over active participation in arts and music may be harmful in education of students. To some extent, mind diversion occurs as one has to give adequate time to science and language subjects along with arts subjects. As every one is not best in time management, in result, some students lag behind in science subjects failing to manage time in correct way. Furthermore, due to rising inflation, majority of families are barely affording their children's education and may not be able to buy musical instruments like guitars or violins involved in learning basic musical themes.

To sum up, in my opinion, to devote special budget for fine arts and music education in schools is not the idea to be practiced in every school. However, those having trained faculty to accommodate these special classes in schedule of every student without disturbing basic education may consider allocating some proportions of their funds on arts and music activities as they are definitely helpful in developing above mentioned useful hobbies.

who is master of his curriculum
who is the master of his curriculum

to devote special budget for fine arts and music education in schools is not the idea to be practiced in every school
to devote special budget for fine arts and music, education in schools is not the idea to be practiced in every school

Getting better.