Some people think kids should learn more practical skills from classes for their future career However others believe that in primary level they should learn something theoretical for a good foundation for their future development Discuss both sides and g

Some people think kids should learn more practical skills from classes for their future career. However, others believe that in primary level, they should learn something theoretical for a good foundation for their future development. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.

With the development of human society, there is an increasing number of individuals paying attention to our educational system. One issue has been constantly discussed is whether primary school students should learn more practical skills or they should learn something theoretical. Personally, I believe that younger students should learn theoretical knowledge.

Compared with practical skills, theoretical knowledge is easy for primary students to understand and for them to actually acquire. To be specific, students may not have the opportunity to practice the skill they acquired in their normal school lifetime. However, they can easily obtain theoretical knowledge through the daily lectures or through their textbooks. For example, students could learn the theory of why the plane can fly through the teacher's explanation, but they could never be able to fly a real plane in their primary school. Besides, understanding the theoretical knowledge is the foundation of learning practical skills. Without the acknowledgement of basic theory, one can not practice the relevant skills. Take learning English as an example. In order to learn how to speak English, learners from non-English speaking countries have to know and understand the grammar behind the language. Grammar is the cornerstone of speaking English. No matter how much one practice, he or she would fail to obtain the language, unless he or she learns the English grammar first. In addition, some careers require theoretical knowledge. If, for instance, a student wants to be an university professor when he or she grow up. Then the student must learn a lot of theoretical knowledge. Thus, in order to find a job in a particular area, like the academic world, individual has to be equipped with theoretical knowledge.

Others may support the statement that primary level students should learn more practical skills on the ground that it is practical skills that can solve our daily life problems. They may argue that theory only exists in the book, yet in real life situation practical skill is the one that can help people to address their problems. Nevertheless, I still prefer theory than practical skills, because practical skill can only stop the problem, it cannot forever prevent or get rid of the problem. On the other hand; however, theoretical knowledge cannot only solve the problem but also stop it from happening again. People can acquire the skill so that they can protect themselves from deadly air pollution. Yet if they understand the theory of why these air pollution exists and how can geographic factors influence the movement of air pollution, individuals cannot only protect themselves from the pollution but also find a way to get rid of the pollution by using more eco-friendly fuel.

To sum up, although some one may argue that practical skills are more useful, I think theory is more important in terms of primary education.

No matter how much one practice,
No matter how much one practices,

when he or she grow up
when he or she grows up

On the other hand; however,
'On the other hand' means However. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.

Duplicate words or sentences. Look:
No. of Words: 468 while No. of Different Words: 217