Some people think news has no connection to people s lives So then it is a waste of time to read the newspaper and watch television news programs To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think news has no connection to people's lives. So then it is a waste of time to read the newspaper and watch television news programs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The topic of whether it is necessary to learn current news is of concern for many people. Some believe that news is irrelevant to people’s lives while others disagree. As for me, I do not agree the former.

Those other assert news reports hold the following reasons. Firstly, news is a power sauce for audience to update the latest events and international affairs. By reading newspaper or watching TV programme, people will gain the wealth of global information and knowledge without walking out of the house, allowing them to broaden horizons in a very effective way. Secondly, news can also be considered a tool for people to relax and entertain. It is common to find that some elderly spend quite a few hours on reading the daily newspapers as a form of recreation. Also, as numbers of office workers and students are busy with their jobs and study during day time, news programmes provide them a method to relax and escape from sophisticated work so that they can enjoy a few laughers after watching the amusing news.

However, there are opposing voices. Some others claim that it is a waste of time to read newspaper. To start with, this news is too far away from ordinary people. For example, high school students do not have the chance to involve in political voting, thus, it is unnecessary for them to learn domestic elections. Besides, some of the news focuses on the disasters and crime commissions which give adverse influence to audience. When people are exposed to news about earthquakes or robbery, they may be panic and terrified and loss the sense of security. Therefore, reading this kind of news can only cause the feeling of anxiety to people.

I personally agree that everyone should read current news to expend their knowledge and gain more insight, although some news reports may deliver negative emotions to audience. I would strongly recommend people to read newspaper every day to keep up with the progress of social development.

Those other assert news reports hold the following reasons.
Those who assert news reports hold the following reasons.

give adverse influence to audience
give adverse influence to audiences

they may be panic and terrified and loss the sense of security.
they may be panic and terrified and lose the sense of security.

deliver negative emotions to audience.
deliver negative emotions to audiences.